Insidebuzz.co.uk is an online service that provides employee quotes and reviews, company profiles, stats and general career information. Our Web site is owned and operated by Inside Buzz Ltd.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Web site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting the Insidebuzz website, www.insidebuzz.co.uk, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information do we collect from you?
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including, for example and without limitation: (a) registering on the website to become a member; (b) downloading content from the website (c) making a purchase on the website; (d) articipating in various activities on or in connection with the website, such as surveys, contests and sweepstakes.
As used herein, "personal information" means information that relates to an identified individual or can be used to identify or contact an individual, including, for example, an individual's name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, age, gender and other demographic information, or any other information that can be used to identify or contact an individual, whether online or offline. We also collect educational, employment and/or occupation-related information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post reviews, download Inside Buzz content (guides and individual company profiles), access members-only newsletters and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit Inside Buzz. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you will not be able to access many of the tools offered on our website. Our website also may use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, that are placed in the code of a web page. We may use web beacons to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site. We also may allow our service providers to use web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
How we use (and do not use) your information
Inside Buzz uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- To help customize various aspects of the website to your preferences, including access and use of website
- To help determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear during your webite visits
- To send you Inside Buzz solicitations and announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may opt out of receiving these communications)
- To support the operation of the Site, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes
We also may send you the following types of communications:
- General (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Email notifications which you have requested
- Newsletter and other marketing communications relating to the Inside Buzz business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (and where you have specifically agreed to this) by email, other technology or in writing. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
We also may share your information:
- When you click on a "submit order" or similar button when placing an order, your personally identifiable information may be shared with the merchant advertising the good or service you wish to purchase, so that such merchant may complete the transaction and ship the items(s) you have purchased.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Inside Buzz, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, service contractors and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this website or for our business (such as Web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf). Similarly, Inside Buzz may disclose personally identifiable information to our contractors and consultants and professional advisors who help us operate the Website and our business (such as attorneys, accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and only under reasonable disclosure restrictions.
WE WILL NOT, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Inside Buzz, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee total security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Member Profile page on the Inside Buzz website. You can close your Inside Buzz account by contacting us at email@example.com. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Inside Buzz.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- As a registered Inside Buzz member, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time in the account section. Whether registered as an Inside Buzz member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Inside Buzz account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Email Communications. Inside Buzz wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of career and employment opportunities on our Web site. One way we do this is by sending you e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent career and employment related interests. For example, if you search for info on company X (profile, reviews, sponsored info etc…) on insidebuzz.co.uk, we may send you an email message reminding you about updates (including but not limited to new reviews, updated profiles, jobs etc…) for company X. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about employment and career related offers available through our website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Inside Buzz is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Your privacy rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00). You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
To make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can contact us
Inside Buzz Ltd.
14 Bateman Street
London, W1D 3AG
Inside Buzz Ltd. All rights reserved.